I Drank What??!!

Those who have known me long enough would think I wouldn't be caught dead ordering a salad at a restaurant and would most likely be ordering the most meatiest manliest dish on the menu.  That was me before back in the day.

Now that I'm older I do try to have more balanced meals where there are more fruits and vegetables incorporated in each meal.

Like all new year resolutions, I would always have to be healthier as one of them and 2019 was no exception.  However, end of 2018 and beginning of 2019 took a tremendous toll on my health.  My eczema was worst then ever, I wasn't sleeping properly, I had tremendous anxiety and I would have little to no energy to get up at all.

I was desperate for help.  That's when I stumbled on the Medical Medium and his teachings of celery juice.  For some odd reason this craze for organic celery was selling out at my local grocery stores in Los Angeles.  I was curious and wanted to see what all the hype was about.

So I juiced celery (apox 8-16 oz/ day, 1 whole stalk) with my blender and then strained it with a milk bag.  Drank it first thing in the morning before eating anything for two weeks straight, here's what happened:

1. The most noticeable difference was in my skin.  Before I would wake up with the driest skin ever and it would be dull with red itchy patches.  My skin has been the best it has ever been and my eczema is nearly non existent. 

2. Digestion for me has improved.  Those of you who aren't regular (if you know what I mean ^ _~ ) that isn't healthy at all.  If it ain't coming out of you, the toxins are all up in your body.

3.  Like I said before I wouldn't be able to get up until after 10am for the life of me and my energy level just sucked.  Since drinking celery I have been able to get up at around 6:30AM every morning (even weekends!).

4.  My energy levels are amazing.  I don't need caffeine in the morning and have fairly consistent energy throughout the day. Which has ultimately resulted in higher productivity. 

5. My sleep has been more regular.  I used to get up multiple times a night, toss/turn and just not be able to stay asleep or sleep well.  I'm beginning to have full sleep cycles where I don't wake up at all and can't remember my dreams (psych tip: if you don't remember your dreams it means you've gone through your whole entire sleep cycle uninterrupted, it's the ultimate goal of good sleep!) .

6. I've noticed a more even state of mind with less anxiety throughout the day.

7. Decreased cravings for sweets.  I use to have a major sweet tooth, craving brownies once a week and something sweet after every meal.  I now really don't need anything sweet to end my night. 

8. I'm not sure if it's because I'm getting more nutrients, but I don't get extremely hungry.  I used to get hangry SO often and I absolutely had to eat something quite large in the morning.  I'm happy (so is the hubby) to say that I no longer get like that. 

Now, I'm not sure everything has to do with celery juice alone, but all I'm reporting is that I have noticed a significant difference in such a short period of time.  It's why I continue to juice and hoard bunches of organic celery at the grocery store and think it's not BS.

I highly recommend you give it a shot, what do you have to loose?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tomato Pie: A Big Bite of New York Lands in LA

Izakaya Bincho: A true "Diamond in the Rough"

An Innovation that is Pure Genius!