Hang in There Single Gals

As more and more friends start to get engaged and get off the market, I can't help but be a cheerleader for single friends who are still on their quest to find their ONE.  I can feel the pressure that they feel of getting hitched and being on track just by talking to them.

It wasn't long ago when I too was that single girl who was on the verge of giving up trying to find a man and had literally planned to freeze my eggs (not kidding).  After years of horrible dating experiences, dating apps and not quite right relationships, I was ready to come to terms with being single forever.  It didn't help that girlfriends around me were getting engaged, having babies and progressing how I only wished I could be as well. 

To all my single ladies out there, I feel your pain.  The only advice I can offer is to not give up.  I know it can be hard when you're given shitty experiences only to be followed by nightmare experiences only for you to question what the hell was it all for?  I know it may sound crazy but I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and with every experience you can truly learn something.  As you grow or become more aware of what you truly need and want, it'll lead you to who you're ultimately suppose to end up with.

Which leads me to my next piece of advice and that is to not settle.  NEVER SETTLE.  You'll regret it for the rest of your life and you only get one life.  All you girls who are in relationships where you have to give excuses as to why it is such a good one or force a square peg into a round hole, you know deep down it isn't right.  Trust your gut, you're smarter than you give yourself credit for.   

The final piece of advice I can give for your sanity is stop comparing yourself to others and listening to society norms of what you should be doing.  Fuck it all.  You are your own individual being who is allowed to have different timelines and plans that is right for you and you only.  If you don't want to get married or have kids, that's cool.  Never be pressured to do something you'll regret in the future, at the end of the day, you have to live with it, not anyone who is judging you.  You do you boo. 

I hope this has been helpful.  Go on and be your bad self and live your best life!   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tomato Pie: A Big Bite of New York Lands in LA

Izakaya Bincho: A true "Diamond in the Rough"

An Innovation that is Pure Genius!