Some of my favorite spots in Los Angeles: Restaurant Edition

My decision to move to Los Angeles from the Bay Area over 10 years ago has been one of the best decisions I've made in my life.  I'm grateful that I've been able to try so many different restaurants in the area.  I definitely have my list of spots I haven't been able to hit up yet, but for now, here are some of my favorite spots that really sets the bar and standard as to what I compare any other restaurant I go to with similar food.  Some of these spots continue to be my favorite spots since when I first moved to Los Angeles over 10 years ago!   

Definitely hit up these spots on your next visit to Los Angeles.  I promise you won't be disappointed!  :)

I'm sure this list will be ever changing as I discover new amazing places.  If you have any recommendations, please let me know!  Sharing is caring ^_~



1. Bestia

 Address: 2121 E 7th Pl, Downtown Los Angeles 

I've loved this spot since the first time I tried it.  Being a lover of all things pasta, this place is spot on.  However, everything I've tried here (meats, pizza, fish, etc) is solid and amazing.  I will continue to choose this spot for special celebrations and visit anytime I can.  This spot gets booked quick so be sure to book a reservation online or try to slip in at the bar right when they open.  

2. Ham Ji Park

Address: 3407 W 6th St, Koreatown (Wilshire Center)

I love my meats, like a dude (LOL).  Seriously, this place is the spot to go for the most flavorful pork ribs I've had.  Their pork neck soup is also great on cold nights.  Everything I've had here has been solid and has stood the test of time.  For all my meat lovers, I've got ya! ^_~ . 

3. Chunju Han-il Kwan

Address: 3450 W 6th St, Ste 106 Koreatown 

I believe Los Angeles is the second city with the largest population of Koreans after Korea of course, so it's no surprise that Korean food here is legit.  When it comes to the traditional “army stew” dish Budae Jjigae, this is my spot.  So far, I haven’t found another spot that beats how they do it here and it’s enough to easily feed 4 people.  Their pancakes here are also super delicious! 

4. Lunasia

Address: 500 W Main St, Alhambra

I used to go to dim sum A LOT (like a few times a month). Growing up in a traditional Chinese household it wouldn’t be surprising if we went every weekend.  This place holds its place in having made to order items that come out fresh and delicious.  Some of my favorite items are the Ha Gao, baked Cha Siu Bao, and Shiu Mai.  This place gets extremely packed on the weekends so definitely try to get there early.  Pro Tip: The location in Pasadena is less crowded, but it doesn’t have as extensive of a menu as the original Alhambra location. 

5. Pizzeria Mozza

Address: 641 N. Highland Ave., Hancock Park

Warning, this place will change your view of pizza forever and you’ll wonder what the hell you were eating before.  Other than the pizza the mozzarella appetizer, squash blossoms, and budino dessert are amazing.  This place is solid in food and service.  An oldie, but definite goodie!

6. Newport Seafood

Address: 518 W. Las Tunas Drive, San Gabriel

I had my rehearsal dinner here and everyone loved it, enough said.  This place is great for their signature lobster, but honestly you can’t go wrong with any dish here.  Love this place so much!  For what you’re getting it’s a great value too. 

7. Dominique Ansel Bakery

Address: 189 The Grove Drive, Ste G/F, Inside The Grove Shopping Mall

I delayed trying the infamous cronut from here because I thought it was all hype.  I know I just recently tried it for the first time, but it was love at first bite. It blew my mind and I’m somewhat glad they typically sell out and normally there’s a crazy line to buy goods.  Why?  Because your girl would be eating them nonstop, not even half kidding!

8. Boboa Guys

Address: 1670 Beverly Blvd, Los Angeles

Damn you New York for bringing amazing chains to LA.  This was another spot where I nearly drank the matcha strawberry latte and thought, “Uh-oh, I’m in trouble….”  Spots that require me to really practice restraint are such a double edge sword, but great for those cheat days.  Literally going to drive over and get me one after posting this (not kidding at all).             

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tomato Pie: A Big Bite of New York Lands in LA

Izakaya Bincho: A true "Diamond in the Rough"

An Innovation that is Pure Genius!